Sunday, April 26, 2009

Why It's Helpful To Be An Actor: Part One In A Series

My car was broken into last night.  Window smashed.  Mess everywhere.  Most people would have had to use their bare hands to clean things up.  Not me.
I am an actor.
I have props with me wherever I go.  Fortunately last night I was equipped with a broom.  What is better to clean up glass than a broom?!  Well maybe a vacuum but a broom is far easier to use away from an outlet so luckily I had a broom.
Also, I had a cardboard box and a roll of tape which we then used to fashion a makeshift window.  AND I had a load of laundry in the trunk with fresh clean WARM socks to wear on the ride home.   Because a cardboard window does not keep the wind out.  I'm not sure what having laundry and cardboard has to do with being an actor but hey, I'm an actor and I had those things so...LUCKY!

3 comments:

jean said...

Bummer on the break-in, but I'd like to think that it's not luck, rather, it's preparation and resourcefulness. Also, what exactly is the part you play that requires a broom?

Roux said...

everything okay? Did they take anything?

stephanie renee said...

They took my brand new running shoes, ipod, and my dignity.